Sr. Front-End Engineer
Companies spend over $1.4T (yes, trillion) a year on corporate travel. But the booking tools that business travelers use are antiquated and frustrating to use. We are here to make that better!
WhereTo is a venture-backed software company that provides a modern business travel platform for corporations. Using proprietary algorithms, WhereTo balances dozens of factors in order to recommend the optimal flight, hotel and car for a given trip. Our approach dynamically adjusts to market conditions, recommending choices that reduce corporate travel spend while providing a good experience for travelers.
We are looking for a Front-End focused developer with an interest in Full-Stack development to be a pivotal member of our dev team. You will be working closely with product managers and developers who like to use lots of interesting technologies to develop core features used across the WhereTo platform. A great fit for this role is someone who is always intrigued by new technology and is constantly finding better ways to write beautiful, shareable, and solid code.
- Helping the team code with performance, scalability, and usability in mind.
- You will live and breathe the virtual-DOM, pure reducers and immutable data structures.
- 6+ years professional software development experience (internships and personal projects not included)
- 2+ years experience with React.js or other web framework (Vue.js, Angular, Ember, etc.)
- Experience with state containers (i.e Redux, Alt, Flux)
- HTML5 (specifically dealing with IE quirks)
- Experienced in Agile development and TDD / BDD
- Able to iterate quickly
- Strong understanding of Git fundamentals
- Experience with pure-functional programming is a bonus (Ramda, Lo-Dash FP, etc)
- Interest in full-stack development is a bonus.
- You have not attended or graduated from a coding bootcamp in the last 3 years
- Competitive salary
- An opportunity to get in at the beginning with equity upside
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & FSA
- Generous PTO
- Gym Stipend
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.